This item is custom built to fit your needs and has various part numbers. Please contact us for pricing and expected ship date.
The new 8491 Series re-settable flashback arrestors offer four (4) safety devices in each unit. Safety features include protection against flashbacks with a wide range of mixtures of oxygen or air with flammable gases including hydrogen, acetylene, methane, and LPG gases. The design includes a built-in non-return (check) valve to stop reverse flow and a thermal shut off which stops gas flow in the event a of hose or pipe line fire. An easily re-settable pressure control stops gas flow in the event of reverse flow or a flashback that creates 10 psig back pressure. This feature alerts the user that a reverse flow or a flashback of greater than 10 psig has occurred. These units are easily re-set by pulling up on the pressure control ring (shown at right), no disassembly of the gas line or special tools are needed. The 8491 Series high flow capacity makes them suitable for a broad range of applications (see flow table). Units are UL listed and meet ISO 5175, EN 730, BS 6158, and AS 4603 standards.
- 100% flashback tested after assembly.
- UL listed and meets strict international standards.
UL Approved Working Pressures:
Acetylene @15.0 psig
Hydrogen/oxygen @50.0 psig
Hydrogen/air @150.0 psig
LPG @50.0 psig
Oxygen @143.0 psig
- Alerts user by shutting off gas flow in the event of a reverse flow or flashback exceeding 10 psig back pressure (captures back pressure in the housing, no flame or gas is exhausted to the atmosphere).
- Stainless steel flame barrier positively extinguishes flame within the housing.
- Checks reverse flow and provides positive shut-off of reverse flow over 10 psig.
- Thermal cut-off @ 165°C.
- Built-in 100 micron stainless steel sintered filter on inlet.
- High flow capacity (see flow performance table).
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
|Body:||Alloy 360 brass|
|Flame barrier:||stainless steel|
|Inlet Press. psig||Air Flow SCFH|
HOW TO ORDER
|8491-F||flammables||1/4" NPT female||1/4" NPT female|
|8491-O||oxidizers||1/4" NPT female||1/4" NPT female|
|8491-FL||flammables||9/16-18 LH female||9/16-18 LH male|
|8491-OR||oxidizers||9/16-18 RH female||9/16-18 RH male|